ENSP provides its members with an opportunity to play a key role in building a tobacco-free Europe and save lives by joining a unique European tobacco control network.
ENSP is an independent, international not-for-profit organisation, which aims to put an end to tobacco consumption and to develop a common strategy amongst organisations active in smoking prevention and tobacco control in Europe, by sharing information and experience and through co-ordinated activities and projects. ENSP’s two priority objectives are (i) to have the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) fully implemented throughout Europe by 2020 and (ii) to reduce the prevalence of tobacco use in Europe to under 5% by 2040.
Benefits of joining ENSP
Specifically, membership of the ENSP network:
- offers a strategic advantage,
- is a highly respected calling card for national and international advocacy,
- opens up opportunities to liaise with top-level tobacco control advocates,
- facilitates participation in working groups and task forces,
- creates involvement in the development and advancement of tobacco control strategies,
- supports members’ actions and projects by adding the European dimension,
- heightens members’ visibility,
- facilitates access to European policy-making and decision-making processes,
- creates synergies, promotes collaboration and acts as a driving force,
- facilitates discussion and exchange of good practice,
- gives access to the members’ section of the ENSP website, where members can interact with other tobacco control professionals,
- offers regular technical and strategic information bulletins,
- gives access to the ENSP scientific network conferences,
- connects with the tobacco control experience and good practice of a longstanding and respected European network,
- provides powerful European support.
Who joins ENSP?
During its governance meeting on 19 October 2011 in Brussels, the ENSP General Assembly reformed the Statutes to open up membership of the Association to a wider membership base, including i.a. individual members and organisations.
There are two distinct membership categories: full member and associate member. These two categories are qualified as follows:
- Full member in a capacity as a national coalition
- Full member in a capacity as a specialised network
- Full member in a capacity as an individual organisation active in tobacco control and health promotion
- Associated member in a capacity as an individual organisation active in tobacco control and/or health promotion
- Associated member in a capacity as a natural person active in tobacco control and/or health promotion
Please note that, due to ENSP’s strategic tobacco control importance, the tobacco industry and its subsidiaries and front groups are excluded from membership of the Association.
Essentially, ENSP members are required to promote their ENSP membership and to participate actively in and contribute to the Association’s activities and initiatives by regular correspondence and by attending meetings.
Membership fees 2017
- National Coalition (€300 per member of the national coalition, with maximum €1500 total coalition fee)
- Specialised Network (€500)
- Individual organisation or public institution (€500)
- Individual organisation or public entity (€300)
- Natural person (€50)
How to apply for ENSP membership?
We invite interested parties to submit a pre-application for membership using the online registration facility below. The ENSP Secretariat will subsequently contact you with the relevant information pack and the detailed membership application form and administrative requirements. Once you have completed your application, it will be submitted to the ENSP Executive Board for approval. Following Board approval, the decision to admit a member must be endorsed by the General Assembly.
To become a member, you need to fill out the Application for ENSP Membership. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out the form below.