Working within a very small and polyvalent team in the Brussels office, the ENSP Project officer will deal with various tasks related to project management, communication and administration. The job requires a lot of flexibility and a strong willingness to work in the field of tobacco control.
Reporting to the Health Policy and Communication Manager, the Project Officer is responsible for managing ENSP joint projects and ensuring that deliverables are accomplished on time. He/she also contributes to the internal and external communication of ENSP and performs administrative tasks as required.
Responsibilities and duties
- Assist project coordination teams of our EU projects and liaise with our partners to ensure successful delivery of tasks and deliverables;
- Write financial and activity report;
- Organise meeting and event;
- Ensure network and public relations;
- Produce communication tools;
- Disseminate information.
General ENSP communication
- Facilitate communication between members, partners, ENSP Executive Board and Secretariat via various tools including emails, website, newsletters, social networks, face-to-face meetings etc.;
- Contribute to the overall communication strategy of ENSP;
- Design, edit and proof read documents;
- Represent ENSP at external meetings and conferences, and promote ENSP views and positions;
- Support the Health Policy and Communication Manager;
- Contribute to the general effort to strengthen the ENSP position where and when needed.
General administrative tasks
- Support in the organisation of internal events and meetings;
- Attend internal meetings and conference calls;
Credentials and Experience
- Associated degree or be qualified by sufficient experience;
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in project coordination or similar position, ideally at a European level and in the NGO sector and/or Public Health Sector;
- Experience in politics, advocacy or fundraising is a key asset;
- A good knowledge of the EU institutions and/or EU project management would be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent English (preferably mother tongue or native speaker level); knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Good IT skills and web experience;
- Able to liaise internally and externally with a varied range of stakeholders and collaborators;
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Understanding of basic financial administration, budgeting etc.;
- Experience in tobacco control and advocacy/lobbying techniques may be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a multinational and cultural context;
- Being action-orientated, responsible, pro-active and willing to take initiative;
- Having an eye for detail and knowing to keep to deadlines (even under pressure)
- Team spirit
- Able to travel at short notice
- Full-time position – 2-year contract, with extension possibilities.
The ENSP Project Officer will be asked to sign a Conflict of Interest declaration in relationship with the Tobacco Industry and its front groups.
Monthly salary depending on experience: around 1.700 € (after tax and Social Security contributions of 45%)
Send directly your CV and a cover letter by Friday 29 September 2017 explaining point by point how your profile corresponds to the job requirements at email@example.com